Tuesday, July 28, 2015

The Power of Christ Compels You

Okay Pat, you brought some things to light that I didn't know concerning Lucifer and Beelzabub, I'll grant you that. But there is no arguing about Satan! He appears many times in the Old and New Testament.

Yes, yes he does. Lets look at a representation of Satan in each. 1st Chronicles 21:1 says, "And Satan stood up against Israel, and provoked David to number Israel 2) And David said to Joab and to the rulers of the people, Go, number Israel from Beersheba even to Dan; and bring the number of them to me, that I may know it."

Okay, pretty straight forward. Read the rest of the chapter so you understand that this is where David builds an altar that will, eventually, become the spot where the Temple of Solomon is built. (The First Temple)

Now lets move to 2nd Samuel chapter 24, verse 1: "And again the anger of the Lord (the Hebrew in this case is YHWH) was kindled against Israel, and he moved David against them to say, Go, number Israel and Judah. 2) For the king said to Joab the captain of the host, which was with him, Go now through all the tribes of Israel, from Dan even to Beersheba, and number ye the people, that I may know the number of the people."

So which is it? Satan or the Lord? (Yahweh) The text is very clear. If the Bible is to be taken literally, God and Satan are interchangeable.

Lets move to the New Testament. Matthew 16:23 says, "But he turned, and said unto Peter, 'Get thee behind me, Satan: thou art an offence unto me: for thou savourest not the things that be of God, but those that be of men.' " This was Jesus speaking and he just called Peter, Satan. (interestingly, a few verses earlier, [verse 18] Peter is the rock in which Jesus is going to build his church--"and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.")

Is Peter actually (literally) Satan?

Pat! Pat! You're just cherry-picking! Well, in my defense, the cherries are there to be picked. I didn't write the Bible and I don't think it can be read literally. You're the one who says it is inerrant, must be taken literally as the WORD OF GOD, not me. But you really don't believe that, do you? You bend, fold, and mutilate the scriptures to your own design, notion, and purposes. You doubt me? The World Christian Database carries "extensive data" on 9000 Christian denominations. (nine thousand!!!)

And what causes the creation of a new denomination? Doctrine disputes. A different interpretation of scripture. You've got it wrong (literally) and I am going to start my own "true" church, sect, cult, or ministry. Why you ask? The power of Christ compelled me.



(And yes, the title of this post [taken from the Catholic rite of exorcism] and the last sentence are an intentional jab at spiritual arrogance.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments anyone?