Monday, January 5, 2015

Bind Us Tight

The response to "let me know if you are interested," has been very encouraging. However, before we proceed, I would ask you go to the first post written. (you can simply click 2012 in the archives to the right side of the page and scroll to the bottom--Aurora Co) I want you to understand the enormity of what I am asking you to undertake. If, after reading, you think you would still be willing, click on the link in the next post. (Aurora Requiem 7-29-12) That song (If It Be Your Will) is the benediction that allows us to integrate the unimaginable. Medieval alchemists attempted to turn lead into gold. I ask something entirely different, for you to transmute evil into grace.

In 1962 a movie based on the life of Helen Keller was released. It was called "The Miracle Worker." In it Anne Sullivan (played by Anne Bancroft) attempted to teach a blind and deaf girl, Helen Keller, (played by Patty Duke) sign language. Helen had no concept that the "finger game" held any other meaning than play. It was simply something to do to occupy one's time. Then Helen experienced illumination. A piercing of the veil of ignorance. The finger patterns she had been exposed to represented something much larger and far grander than a game. Sign language became the vehicle that allowed Helen to understand and interact with the here-to-for unseen, unheard world around her.

With that in mind, I ask you to consider this: While breathing in (slowly and deeply) say, "I recognize the divinity within." While breathing out (slowly and gently) say, "I smile to my divine self."

This might appear to some as vain, ludicrous, inane or insane. All well and good. Still, I ask you do it as often as it comes to mind. We are at the initial stage of learning a "spiritual language" that may be as foreign and alien to you as sign language was to Helen. Indulge me. When rising in the morning and retiring at night, (and as many times during the day as you remember) let the words saturate your conscious mind: "I recognize the divinity within--I smile to my divine self." It will be our point of origin.

3 comments:

  1. I am in deep thought. I have read your 1st. writings & am now listening to music you referred to that warms my heart. I have started trying to do deep breathing & receiving the Divinity within myself with a smile on my soul.

    ReplyDelete
  2. p.s. my dream & goal in this life is to do exactly this to transmute evil into good! Amazed there is another with same goal!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I could share the warmth I feel reading your comments. Thank you for taking the time to share them. I believe there are more like us (with the same goal) than you might imagine. At least that is my hope and the challenge I have put out in the blog. That you were vulnerable enough to step forward and express that you, too, have the same "dream and goal," is a powerful demonstration of your character. Pat

    ReplyDelete

Comments anyone?