Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Atheists and Agnostics

If you read the About Me section of the web site, I state; "I don't care whether you believe in God or not." And I don't. God is an arbitrary term. The etymology of the word can be reduced to "invoke." If the term "grace" (as in Gift-Gratitude-Grace) works for you, it works for me. Here I speak of grace more specifically as, "a state of grace." Stripped of religious connotations, I imagine a state of grace  to be similar to an athlete, musician, or dancer's virtuoso performance. Or an individuals ability to meet circumstances with a level of intelligence and poise that manifests an unconscious competence.

One of the cornerstones of G-G-G is "inclusion." We allow everyone the freedom to demonstrate and speak to their truth. This does not mean we support or endorse their truth. Someone who identifies themselves as a Ku Klux Klan member, or a neo-Nazi, doesn't allow for inclusion and invalidates themselves. Basing an opinion of another human being simply by the color of their skin or religious affiliation is toxic. It breeds intolerance, hatred and violence. While I allow you the right to hold your own opinions, I allow myself the freedom to oppose them.

Atheists and agnostics are a whole other kettle of fish. They either don't believe in God, or aren't sure. In no way do I find this offensive. Actually, I am of the opinion that the onus lies with God. Show them! Demonstrate your power! And I believe He does. One way is through the process of G-G-G. There is enough evidence "linked" on this web site to support a SCIENTIFIC evaluation that the process works. What I ask of you atheists and agnostics is to try it out. Look on Life as a Gift, for which you could be Grateful under any circumstances, and see if this doesn't lead to a state of Grace.

Be advised though, I have no problem with you reverting to the use of the word God. As this article in the Journal for Scientific Exploration reveals, you won't be the first in you efforts to reclaim it.

http://henry.pha.jhu.edu/haisch.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments anyone?