Thursday, February 7, 2013

One Enchanted Evening

I had the privilege of spending this evening with an articulate, bright, attractive woman. Seldom do I experience anyone who can disagree with me more emphatically, and still maintain such a non-aggressive demeanor. She is remarkable in so many ways, it would be hard to overstate how much I admire and appreciate her. That said, she is being challenged by Life in a very demanding way. She even acknowledged she felt "invisible." This has to do with the way her life has been changed and the sacrifices that have been asked of her (which she knowingly and intentionally accepted). What we need to remember is that there are people who observe. That some do notice...and are changed for the better. Invisible? I wonder if she has ever been more conspicuous.

Like sheaves of corn he gathers you unto himself.
He threshes you to make you naked.
He sifts you to free you from your husks.
He grinds you to whiteness.
He kneads you until you are pliant;
And then he assigns you to his sacred fire, that you may become sacred bread for God's sacred feast.

~Kahlil Gibran

*Jessica Rekos

3 comments:

  1. Thank you. You honor me with your thoughts, reflections and words. V.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope this works...Vic, please e-mail me at WPGrogan@aol.com if this gets to you. I don't have your e-mail and would like to speak to you. Thanks, P.

      Delete
  2. As to Feb. 21st--Understanding you feel differently at this time, and promising this will be the last time I mention it, I will still leave this for you to consider: "Two are better than one; for if one of them should fall, the other one can raise his partner up. And if somebody could overpower one alone, two together could make a stand against him."

    Ecclesiates

    If you feel someone else is the more appropriate person I totally understand. Still, to "go it alone" seems an unnecessary hardship.

    ReplyDelete

Comments anyone?