Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Wherefore Art Thou

While we can never prove the Presence exists to others, we do know it when we've experienced it. And once experienced, there's no turning back. Once we recognize the Presence is within and all around us, there's no reason to revere rituals and ceremonies...

"Are you looking for me? I am in the next seat. My shoulder is against yours. You will not find me in stupas, not in Indian shrine rooms, nor in synagogues, nor in cathedrals: not in masses, nor kirtans, not in legs winding around your neck, nor in eating nothing but vegetables. When you really look for me, you will see me instantly." ~Kabir Indian poet (translated by Robert Bly)

Once we get away from our beliefs of what is sacred and religious, we finally grasp the meaning of this wondrous journey: to experience the Presence and awaken to our real identity. We experience this Presence by surrendering, by relentless honesty, by not knowing.

~J. K. Bailey Already on Holy Ground

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments anyone?