Tuesday, May 28, 2013

You Say Potato, I Say Potato

For those of you unfamiliar with this phrase, the title of this post might be confusing. While the spelling of potato is the same, the pronunciation is as follows: Po-Tay-Toe versus Po-Tat-Toe. The gist of the meaning is that different aspects of the same idea are being emphasized. With that in mind I ask you watch the following link.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yF15TekHVV0

Now, if interested, check out the posts 9-19-12 (Miracles) and 10-2-12 (A Herd Of Birds). My question to you is, is the word "awe" so very different than my word "miracle?" Awe: 1) "a mixed feeling of reverence, fear and wonder, caused by something majestic, sublime, sacred etc." Miracle: 1) "an event or action that apparently contradicts known scientific laws and is hence thought to be due to supernatural causes." 2) "A REMARKABLE EVENT OR THING; MARVEL."

In the web site section GOD, the 3rd paragraph of PERSPECTIVE contains this thought; "I may call them miracles, but that is my confirmation bias and not an instruction. Call them what you will." This is my acknowledgment that certain people may be totally turned off by the use of the word miracle. That "miracle" holds too many religious connotations. I get that. I am more than fine with you being "in awe, or awestruck" by Life. The important fact is that one can feel as though they have received an amazing gift, be it a miracle or a feeling of awe. And that gift could generate gratitude.

The spiritual benefits spoken of in many places on this web site are being verified by science. It is as I've said; the process (G-G-G) works. But so what? It is more powerful (the process) when it is utilized by many rather than a few. So I want to share it with you. I ask that you explore it as a path of possibility. Try it on for size. Take it out for a test drive. I believe your life will change for the better. If I'm wrong, write me off as an extremist. If I'm right, well, you'll know exactly what to do---however they pronounce potato.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments anyone?